1. Deposits are required for all special orders. Items sold off the floor and items shipped directly from the manufacturer to the customer must be paid in full at the point of purchase and cannot be canceled. Balances must be paid in full before merchandise is released to a delivery company.
2. Special orders (merchandise other than floor samples) are ordered from the factory on your behalf and cancellations or changes will be permitted only if we are able to do so with the manufacturer. 5O% of the purchase price will be forfeited on any orders we are unable to cancel or alter.
3. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your order with respect to style numbers, finish, and leather choices. Errors in arithmetic are subject to correction, and in the event you do not approve, we reserve the right to cancel the sale.
4. The customer is responsible for ensuring merchandise will fit through doorways, stairways, corridors, elevators, and the like. We will gladly provide the dimensions of any or all items prior to purchase upon request.
5. Special orders vary in lead times from each manufacturer. We cannot guarantee or be held responsible for manufacturer shipping delays.
6. Once your order is completely received in our warehouse, the balance is due and payable. After the merchandise is paid in full it is released to one of our recommended in-home delivery companies or
7. If you are unable to accept delivery within 30 days of your items being received, a storage fee will be imposed by the delivery company. Leather Furniture Direct cannot be responsible for storage fees, but we will obtain an estimate of those charges upon request.
8. All merchandise received should be inspected for damage or manufacturing defects. If any damage is present, it should be noted in detail on all copies of the delivery documents. The driver should sign the delivery documents and the customer should retain a copy. The carrier may request that you keep the merchandise and authorize a local furniture craftsman to restore to manufacturer specifications. Merchandise returned will be restored to manufacturer specifications. If uncertain, have the driver call the terminal for instructions. Damaged or defects noticed after the driver has left should be reported within 24 hours.
9. Manufacturers do not warrant or guarantee the durability, wearing quality, and fastness of color of leathers. Color and grain variations in leather are "nature's own" and enhance the value of your furniture. As a result we cannot ensure the matching of related pieces.
10. Except for a manufacturer's warranty, if available, there are no warranties expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. 'AS-IS" merchandise is not covered under any warranty. No refunds are available.
12. We are not responsible for collecting or reporting sales or use tax for any state other than North Carolina. We encourage you to consult state and local tax laws to determine the amount of sales or use tax liability, if any.
In-Home delivery and set-up are available for a flat fee of $250 given normal access. Difficult access or extensive stair climbs will result in additional charges. Our delivery representatives will unpack, inspect, and place the furniture in your home—all debris will be removed.
In-home delivery items are scheduled for delivery when they reach your regional delivery warehouse. At such time, youll be contacted by the local delivery company to arrange a delivery time. Deliveries are made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and scheduled within a four-hour window. If you choose not to schedule delivery within 30 days, any remaining balance will be applied to your credit card and applicable storage fees will apply.
Additional delivery charges may apply if you live in a remote area, and you may be limited to a specific delivery schedule.
To determine if you are within a remote delivery area please contact Leather Furniture Direct.
As your delivery date nears youll receive an e-mail from a Leather Furniture Direct representative to notify you of any remaining balance. Unless otherwise specified, this balance will be collected from the same method of payment used for your initial deposit. At that time, if you would like to use an alternative method of payment, please reply back directly to that e-mail, or call Leather Furniture Direct.
You have purchased a fine piece of heirloom quality furniture. In the rare instance that you do have a problem with your furniture, Leather Furniture Direct works hand in hand with both Furniture Medic and Total Leather Care professionals coast-to-coast to assist you. These are both national networks of certified furniture and leather repair experts. If a problem occurs with your furniture, at time of delivery or during the warranty period, contact us and well expedite the servicing of your problem.
At Leather Furniture Direct your complete satisfaction is our goal. We want and expect that you will thoroughly enjoy your furniture for years to come.